Top 5 Must-Have Marketing Tools for an Online Business in Kenya
Marketing is imperial for any business, big or small; old or new. Most startups fail, but the few that survive and go on to tell their success story did the right things. Marketing, among many other factors, is part of their story.
But we all need tools to make work easier, including marketing. Marketing an online business is a little different. You need the latest digital marketing tools to stay ahead of the competition.
But there are tons of marketing tools available, all serving different purposes.
So let’s check out the 5 must-have marketing tools for an online business in Kenya.
HubSpot is what you need to get and manage leads, traffic, campaign landing pages and manage communication with other lead capturing strategies.
What Does HubSpot Do?
- Lead Capturing through creating landing pages, email campaigns, and traffic from blogging
- Managing website traffic through a lead management tool
- Its data analytics tool captures and interprets insights gathered from your various marketing campaigns
- Tracks customer behavior at each point of interaction including sales and landing pages
- SEO assistance and analysis
How Much Does HubSpot Cost?
Starts from roughly Ksh5000 per month, Enterprise costs Ksh120,000 per month.
It is estimated that over 200 billion emails are sent each passing day. Software like MailChimp is behind these ridiculous numbers.
What Does MailChimp Do?
- Bulk email marketing
- Inbuilt newsletter templates
- Third party integration to Shopify, WordPress, Magneto, etc
How Much Does MailChimp Cost?
The basic version is free. You can pay for extra features starting from Ksh2000 per month.
3. Africa’s Talking
Africa’s Talking helps you send out bulk SMS messages with ease. SMS still remains as one of the most effective marketing tools because of its high opening rate. According to Esendex research, the global average open rate is 94%.
What does Africa’s Talking Do?
- Bulk SMS messaging
- USSD support
- Issue and manage shortcodes
- Simple integrations to your existing systems
How much does it cost?
Cost per SMS ranges between Ksh0.4 to Ksh0.8 depending on volume. Shortcodes price varies depending on the use case.
TalkLift platform is an AI-powered chatbot developed in Kenya that provides an easy way for businesses to manage conversations with their customers from different communication channels. TalkLift helps you get the most out of your social media marketing campaign.
What Does TalkLift Do?
- Generating leads from your social media engagements, interactions and comments with customers
- Allows businesses to offer instant response to queries through the inbuilt AI-powered chatbot engine
- It offers a personalized experience to customers when they visit your website or social media page
- Makes it easier to respond to customers’ needs without the need for human interaction
- Helps businesses collect leads and optimize sales at the various points of customer interaction throughout the sales process
How Much Does TalkLift Cost?
TalkLift basic plan is Ksh3,000 only. There is also a free plan for you to get started. The cost is based on the number of leads and campaigns you would like to send out.
1. Google Analytics
It is highly recommended that you don’t start an online marketing campaign without Google Analytics. Why do you ask? Over 1.17 billion people use Google, accounting for over 97% of internet users. It tracks every action a visitor takes and consolidates it into information that you can interpret.
What Does Google Analytics Do?
- You can know where your traffic is coming from, including organic, social, direct and referral
- Find out the online campaigns that work and bring traffic to your website
- Know where your visitors are located
- Know what people are searching for when they visit your website
How Much Does Google Analytics Cost?
Google Analytics is free to use, all features included. Not unless you are an internet giant reaching the limits of what the free version offers. Heads up, you won’t. But if you can afford Google Analytics 360 that goes for a cool Ksh15 Million, knock yourself out!
Using internet marketing tools is all about finding what works for you. Most of them are free, but if you like what these tools offer you can pay for the extra features if it makes sense. Subscribe to our mailing list below to be notified whenever we post informative articles such as this.
You can also leave us a comment down below if you have any suggestions or feedback. We're always happy to hear from you!